COMPREHENSIVE Vocal BODYWORK PROGRAM: VOCAL "Boot Camp"
Three ways to purchase:
- VOCAL BOOT CAMP: 21 videos (divided into 8 modules): $175
- VOCAL BOOT CAMP + SKYPE SESSIONS: 21 videos plus 5 private sessions with Ruth (via Skype or Facetime): $650.00.
- STARTER KIT -- BEST VALUE! 6 videos, plus 1 private Skype session with Ruth, and accessories: $185
Get in the best vocal shape of your life with our Vocal "BOOT CAMP"!
This is a gigantic, comprehensive, affordable course!
21 videos--over 17 hours of instruction--stored right here in your personal library!
Have you been wanting to add a physical component to your vocal work? Here are the best ways to get started:
- Ready to commit? Buy the entire BOOT CAMP series (all 8 Modules)
- ALL 21 videos — $175
- ALL 21 videos + 5 private Skype sessions with Ruth — $650
- Interested, but want to start slowly? Buy our STARTER KIT (includes the 6 videos of Module 1, plus a private Skype session with Ruth and an accessories package)
- STARTER KIT: (Best Value!) — $185
- 6 videos (Module 1) +
- a private Skype session with Ruth +
- an accessories package
- PLUS a $50 coupon for the remaining videos in the BOOT CAMP series (videos 7 - 21)
Scroll down to see each module described in detail.
When you make a purchase, you'll activate your account with the "Sign up for free" button on the checkout page. All your videos remain stored in your library, in one convenient location, so you can refer to previous videos whenever you want to refresh and deepen your understanding of the exercises. It's like a Neflix account, but without the monthly fee! To view your videos after purchase, choose "My Library" from the menu at the top of the page.
Ruth's Vocal Boot Camp is a comprehensive experience of your body and how to use it to your vocal advantage. I made gains singing after every session--and I was able to keep them by practicing her exercises. I love that I was able to put together my own, personal warm-up based on the specific breath and body issues that I discovered I had. My body is my instrument so gaining knowledge on what to do with my body if my voice isn't working "right" was huge: it's not luck or magic, it's "release, align, engage"! I am a speech-language pathologist, and Ruth's principles have complemented my work with voice patients. Ruth's Boot Camp makes you feel good and sound great! I highly recommend it for performers and teachers of all kinds! -- Lara Antolik, CCC-SLP, AEA, SAG-AFTRA
Ruth created this 21-video series as the ideal, comprehensive introduction to her work. There is no better way incorporate all the aspects of Ruth's work into your current practice. Ruth's simple and effective exercises help you release misplaced tension, improve posture and alignment, and engage core support.
The series is divided into two parts: FUNDAMENTALS and GOING DEEPER. Videos are grouped into modules (smaller bundles of 2, 3, or 5 videos) that address specific vocal/body problems. Each video is 50-60 minutes long.
In a relaxed, encouraging atmosphere, Ruth's simple, clear instructions of easy-to-do exercises address common vocal problems, their origins, and their solutions, as well as optimal strategies for vocal warmups. For a more personalized experience, purchase a package that includes private sessions with Ruth via Skype or FaceTime.
MODULE 1: FUNDAMENTALS -- 6 VIDEOS
1. Feet, Legs, and Pelvis
2. Core Support
3. Breathing With the Whole Body
4. Neck and Head
5. Jaw and Tongue
6. Creating Your Optimal Warmup
MODULE 2: Going Deeper: FEET AND LEGS -- 2 videos
1. Engaging Feet, Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Adductors, and Abductors
2. Support Begins From the Bottom Up
MODULE 3: Going Deeper: PELVIS -- 2 videos
1. Creating a "Neutral" Pelvic Foundation for Breath Support
2. Engaging the “Pelvic Powerhouse”
MODULE 4: Going Deeper: CORE SUPPORT -- 2 videos
1. Engaging Glutes, Psoas, Quadratus Lumborum, Multifidi, Erector Spinae, and “Front Corridor” Muscles;
2. Pelvic Floor, Diaphragm, Latissimus Dorsi, Rhomboids, and Trapezius
MODULE 5: Going Deeper: WHOLE BODY BREATHING -- 3 videos
1. Skeletal Structure and Posture
3. Insistent Appoggia (Breath Release vs. Pressed Breath)
MODULE 6: Going Deeper: HEAD AND NECK -- 3 videos
1. Back of Neck: Releasing Extrinsic Tension and Engaging Skeletal Support for the Head
2. Head: Releasing Misplaced Tension, “Back, Up, and Over,” Improving Palatal Control
3. Front of Neck: Releasing Extrinsic Tension, Including Laryngeal Massage
MODULE 7: Going Deeper: JAW AND TONGUE -- 2 videos
Both jaw and tongue benefit greatly from releasing misplaced tension (including intraoral massage), as well as exercises for more efficient usage.
1. Jaw: Releasing Tension, Relationship to Skull and to Tongue, Usage Exercises
2. Tongue: Releasing Tension; Relationship to Palate, Larynx, and Pharynx; Usage Exercises
MODULE 8: Going Deeper: REASSESSING YOUR PERSONAL WARMUP -- 1 video
- Create the ideal physical and vocal warmup for you, based on your current patterns of tension and alignment.